Monday, July 04, 2005

July 4th Festivities!

This post is a bit belated, but I did not want to let the summer pass without posting my July 4th photos! I will later adjust the date of the post so that it is time-appropriate, but I'm leaving it here (in August) for now so that folks can easily see it.

I spent my day in the Lakewood area of Dallas, which has a suprisingly small-town feel for being in one of the largest cities in the United States. The day began with a party my friends invited me to, followed by a parade. The theme of the parade was "That's Entertainment!" Thus, you will see a number of musical acts represented below, including Elvis, the Blues Brothers and the lesser-known but no less musical "Jazz Sisters." As one might expect, the day ended with fabulous fireworks, viewed from the Lakewood Library and catered by my friends' kids and their little friends, who ran a lemonade and cake stand that was quite popular.

Without further ado, here are the pics, which tell the story of the day very nicely on their own:





































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here